Call for Papers – 9th REDETE CONFERENCE, ANCONA - 15-16 September 2022
The Marche Polytechnic University and the University of Banja Luka, in cooperation with the AII Permanent Secretariat, are organizing the 9th REDETE Conference to be held in Ancona on September 15-16. The topic of the Conference will be “Present and future challenges in regional development in the Adriatic-Ionian Region”.
As a functional area primarily defined by the Adriatic and Ionian Seas basin, the Adriatic and Ionian Region plays a key role in strengthening geographical continuity in Europe. Comprising several countries and many regions that are highly diversified in relation to the socio-economic and physical dimension, it covers an important terrestrial surface area and homes more than 70 million people.
The Region is facing unprecedented challenges, from the post-pandemic recovery to the green and digital revolution, which are increasing disparities between central and peripheral regions and inland areas within the same region. The region is part of the European Union Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian Region (EUSAIR) launched in 2014, a long-term strategic policy framework aiming to promote economic and social prosperity and growth in the region by improving its attractiveness, competitiveness, and connectivity. After seven years of implementation, it is time for a first evaluation of its results and for proposing new development trajectories for the Adriatic-Ionian Regions and its inner areas.
The aim of the 9th REDETE Conference is to encourage researchers, practitioners, and policy makers to contribute to our understanding of the challenges faced by countries and regions to promote economic development and regional integration.
Topics of interest include:
- Entrepreneurship and innovation: new firm formation and firm dynamics; university-industry collaboration; academic entrepreneurship; innovation in transition economies; entrepreneurial and SMEs financing.
- Regional development: clustering and networking; interfirm relations; regional innovation ecosystems; foreign direct investments; role of banks and financial markets; role of infrastructure.
- Cohesion policy and European identity: population dynamics; social policy, poverty, and exclusion; legal systems, corruption, and inequality; EU cohesion policy.
- The political economy of ethnic reconciliation in the Western Balkans: public policy and welfare state regimes in the region; building a multi-faith society across borders; integration and social tolerance; sustainable economic development and public policy models.
- Migration: migrant and refugee crises; migrant socio-economic integration; brain drain; remittances; return migration; migrant entrepreneurship; migration policies.
All papers presented to the REDETE conference will be considered for publication by the Editorial Committee of the Journal of Balkan and Near Eastern Studies (Routledge-Taylor & Francis, 8 issues annually since 1998 https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/cjsb20/current). They will also be considered for publication in the form of an edited book in the Routledge series of Europe-Regional Studies (https://www.routledge.com/Europa-Regional-Perspectives/book-series/ERP) and in a special issue of Economia Marche, Journal of Applied Economics (https://economiamarche.univpm.it/).
It is possible to submit a maximum of 2 Abstracts/Papers per person.
May 31, 2022 - Abstracts submission close
June 30, 2022 - Notification of acceptance
July 31, 2022 - Registration close
For all relevant information about the Conference please visit the website: http://www.redete.org/
Please note that the AII Permanent Secretariat will support the REDETE conference encouraging the participation in the conference of young researchers and students from the countries of the Western Balkans up to 35 years of age.