OPEN CALL - ACTIVE YOUNG CITIZENS FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN CEI AND AII AREAS
We are glad to announce the launch of the Call for Ideas and Award Competition of the initiative “Active Young Citizens for Sustainable Development in CEI and AII areas” designed to stimulate the engagement of youth in the Central European Initiative and the Adriatic Ionian Initiative regions in the framework of the United Nations Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development.
The overall objective of the initiative is to raise awareness of CEI and AII countries’ high school students on the UN Agenda 2030 (UNA2030) and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through a learning process and the participation in a Call for Ideas and Award Competition to be launched on 1 February.
Along these lines, the Call aims at meeting the following specific objectives:
- Encouraging the understanding of the principles and structure of UNA2030 and its SDGs.
- Advocating the role of young & active citizens, as key actors for the achievement of the SDGs in CEI and AII areas
- Stimulating the elaboration of community-based and “SDG-proof” project ideas through participation in the Call.
The Call aims at promoting sustainable development in CEI and AII countries by raising awareness of high school students on the UNA2030 and its SDGs, adopted in 2015, and on the UN Secretary-General’s call on all sectors of society to mobilise for action on three levels:
- global action to secure greater leadership, more resources and smarter solutions for the Sustainable Development Goals;
- local action embedding the needed transitions in the policies, budgets, institutions and regulatory frameworks of governments, cities and local authorities;
- people action, including youth, civil society, the media, the private sector, unions, academia and other stakeholders, to generate an unstoppable movement pushing for the required transformations.
The Adriatic and Ionian Initiative (AII) Permanent Secretariat and the Central European Initiative CEI - Executive Secretariat signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a shared action for their regions in the framework of the Adriatic and Ionian Council on May 8th in Budva. The signature sealed a strong long-standing partnership and contributed to fostering regional cooperation and sustainable development.
Deadline for submission of proposals: Wednesday, 31 March 2021, 11:59 pm UTC+1