JOINT MEETING - AII SLOVENIAN CHAIRMANSHIP – AII PERMANENT SECRETARIAT – FORA OF CIVIL SOCIETY, 9 December 2020
A joint meeting among the AII Slovenian Chairmanship, the AII Permanent Secretariat and the three Fora of Civil Society (Chambers of Commerce, Cities and Universities) took place online on December 9th 2020.
The event has been an opportunity to exchange views on topics and issues of common interest, on the future of regional cooperation in our Region as well as an opportunity to deepen the cooperation between the Fora of Civil Society and the current Slovenian Chairmanship of the Adriatic Ionian Initiative.
The online meeting has been attended by:
- Amb. Jazbec - AII Senior Official for the Republic of Slovenia and AII Chairman-in-office
- Amb. Castellaneta – AII Secretary General
- Amb. Grmek - Director General for Economic Diplomacy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia
- Branislav Rajić - Chairman of the Slovenian Parliamentary Committee for Economy
- Robert Rakar – CEO, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Primorska
- Amb. Pigliapoco - AII Permanent Secretariat Senior Advisor
- Gino Sabatini - President of the Forum of the Adriatic and Ionian Chambers of Commerce and President of the Marche Chamber of Commerce
- Michele De Vita - Secretary General of the Forum of the Adriatic and Ionian Chambers of Commerce and Secretary General of the Chiesti-Pescara Chamber of Commerce
- Ioannis Lolos – President of the Forum of the Adriatic and Ionian Cities and and Mayor Igoumenitsa (Greece). Mr. Lolos has been appointed President of the Forum on November 16th 2020, following the last Annual Assembly of the FAIC.
- Ida Simonella - Secretary General of the Forum of the Adriatic and Ionian Cities and Ancona Municipal Councillor for Productive Activities, Port, International Relations, Transport and Budget
- Prof. Dr. Klavdija Kutnar - President of UniAdrion and Rector of the University of Primorska
- Prof. Andrea Perna - Secretary General of UniAdrion and Professor at the Università Politecnica delle Marche.
This meeting further demonstrated a growing awarness of the role and the contribution that the Civil Society is increasingly bringing – also through their involvement in the AII Round Tables - to the EUSAIR Strategy process. Indeed, the role of the Forum of the Adriatic and Ionian Chambers of Commerce, Cities and Universities have been repeatedly recognized in the Belgrade Declaration and previous ones, and assessed as positively to the EUSAIR Strategy process, putting into practice the principle of subsidiarity by further connecting citizens and civil society to the intergovernmental level.