II AII COMMITTEE OF SENIOR OFFICIALS AND 9TH EUSAIR GOVERNING BOARD HELD IN BRUSSELS - 20 FEBRUARY 2019
The second AII Committee of Senior Officials under Montenegrin Chairmanship took place in Brussels on February 20 back-to-back with the first session of the 9th EUSAIR Governing Board.
After a brief report on the meeting of AII Troika plus Permanent Secretariat held in Tivat on February 7, AII Senior Officials discussed about the achievements of the Presidency up to now and the planned activities until the end of the Presidency in May.
The Montenegrin Chairmanship presented to the CSO a productive calendar of upcoming activities that foresees:
- Round Table on Transport and Energy Connections;
- Round Table on Environmental Protection;
- Round Table on Tourism and Culture, back-to-back with the meeting of EUSAIR TSG 4;
- Round Table on Inter-University cooperation;
- Regional Conference on prevention of corruption;
- Ministerial Conference on Youth in cooperation with the OSCE Mission to Montenegro;
- 16th Conference of the Speakers of Parliaments in Budva on 18-19 of March;
- Second Joint Conference of the Fora of the Adriatic and Ionian Chambers of Commerce, Cities and Universities to be held in Budva on 6-8 May, organized by the Montenegro Chamber of Commerce;
- III Committee of the AII Senior Officials (Budva, 6-7 May);
- Adriatic and Ionian Council (Budva, 8 May).
Further topics discussed were the next Adriatic and Ionian Council/EUSAIR Ministers of Foreign Affairs meeting, which will be held in Budva on 6-8 of May 2019 and the preparation of the Budva Declaration.
The Chairmanship together with AII Secretary General Amb. Castellaneta also informed Senior Officials about the official request by the Republic of San Marino to join the AII.
The agreed minutes of the CSO will follow shortly.
The 9th Meeting of the EUSAIR Governing Board took place in Brussels on 20-21 February 2019.
This meeting was a milestone also because of the invitation of the Republic of North Macedonia, which was warmly welcomed by its neighbouring country Greece.
Regarding the core of the EUSAIR GB, the discussion on a follow-up of the Catania Declaration and the upcoming 4th EUSAIR Forum needs to be highlighted.
Launch of the 2nd ADRION call for Axes 1 and 3 was also announced by ADRION Programme together with the EUSAIR Stakeholder Platform by the Marche Region.
Furthermore, Amb. Castellaneta took the floor to report on the meeting of the CSO held the previous day and on the outcome of the Joint Conference – Fora of the Adriatic and Ionian Chambers of Commerce, Cities and Universities (16-18 October 2018, Split).
Further information regarding the EUSAIR GB can be found at the following link: https://www.adriatic-ionian.eu/2019/02/22/milestones-of-the-9th-eusair-governing-board-meeting/